I used to read the King James version and Now I only read the Douay-Rheims, not for theological reasons, for the very reason that I love the "King James/Old English" language. As a matter of fact the passage that I quoted is Psalms 118 in the DR version. Verses 9 - 16 are so beautiful that I must share:
9. But what doth a young man correct his way? By observing thy words.
10.With my whole heart have I sought after Thee: let me not stray from thy commandments.
11. Thy words have I hidden in my heart, that I may not sin against thee.
12. Blessed art thou, O Lord: teach me thy justifications.
13. With my lips I have pronounced all the judgments of thy mouth.
14. I have been delighted in the way of thy testimonies, as in all riches.
15. I will meditate on thy commandments: and I will consider thy ways.
16. I will think of thy justifications: I will not forget thy words.
This has been my favorite video of Mama Mary that I found on You Tube. So in honor of her I wanted to post it here. I'm having difficulty in downloading it on this blog here is the link.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTCbJ4Mvc0U
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!